To submit information for posting on this calendar, use our Event Submission Form.
- This event has passed.
Harvard Optical Scanning Probe Microscopy of 2D Quantum Materials
October 19, 2018Free – $30
This workshop will focus on optical scanning probe techniques that allow imaging of quasiparticle fields in 2D Quantum materials. Theory and Experiments using scattering-type Near-field Optical Microscopy (s-SNOM), Photo-induced Force Microscopy (PiFM) and other photon-less detection techniques to map optical fields will be highlighted. The symposium will both focus on current state-of-the-art work and explore the future of these methods to condensed matter systems at the nanoscale.
How to participate:
- Pre-register. On-line Registration will close by EOB October 1st, 2018.
- This event is free for Harvard’s Center for Nanoscale Systems (CNS) Users; a fee of $30 is required for non-CNS users. Payment instructions to non CNS users will be sent after pre-registration is completed.
- Some modest number of contributed talks will be also accepted. For submission, a ~250-word abstract must be e-mailed to the conference chairs before EOB August 3rd, 2018. The submitted document should contain the title of the talk and the names and affiliations of presenting and contributing authors.
- Prof. Dimitri Basov – Columbia University – New York City – United States of America
- Prof. Frank Koppens – ICFO, The Institute of Photonic Sciences – Barcelona – Spain
- Prof. Javier Garcia de Abajo – ICFO, The Institute of Photonic Sciences – Barcelona – Spain
On Saturday October 20th, 10:00am – 12:00pm, a hands-on demonstration of commercial Optical Scan Probe platforms will be also organized. You can register for the hands–on demonstration here.