The purpose of 2018 KY Nano/AM Symposium is to bring together researchers/users in the advanced manufacturing fields of additive manufacturing and micro/nanotechnology to discuss new findings, share results, discuss applications, debate the future, and network with one another. The 2018 Nano/AM Symposium is open to all scientists, engineers, and students from a variety of disciplines including microtechnology, nanotechnology, 3D printing, additive manufacturing, healthcare, energy, advanced materials, MEMS, biotechnology, commercial products, defense, and nano-education. The goal of the symposium is to strengthen the collaboration between industry and academia in the above targeted areas. Participants will hear exciting presentations about the latest nano/AM technologies, learn about existing state-of-the-art core facilities available to the public, and discuss ways that industry can access a wide variety of academic resources, including their most valuable resource – creative, hard-working students. The 2-day symposium agenda will consist of parallel sessions for both industry and academia, several joint keynote presentations, poster presentations, sponsorship opportunities, food and refreshments, core facility tours, and a valuable evening networking reception.
Abstracts must be submitted by July 1, 2018
. Please visit the Call for Abstracts website
to learn more.
Symposium topics and sessions include the following:
- Micro/nanotechnological advances and applications
- Additive manufacturing and 3D printing technologies and applications
- MEMS and sensors
- 2D materials and devices
- Semiconductors and electronics
- What is the co-creation innovation model?
- University co-op and internship programs
- University capstone design projects
- Addressing intellectual property with academia
- Successful collaboration examples between industry and academia
- Accessing university core facilities
- What is the NSF NNCI and how can it help you?
- Successful regional start-up examples in the nano/AM space
- City and state initiatives to leverage related to nano/AM
- Innovative educational and outreach programs
- What does the future hold in the nano/AM space?
- $125 – Regular (before July 15)
- $100 – Student (before July 15)
- $175 – Late (after July 15)
For more information, please visit the symposium website