In Week 6, we looked at hair from humans, dogs, and three big cats: Nakobi the cougar, Mama the serval, and Riley the tiger. Big thanks to Carolina Tiger Rescue and Katie Cannon for guest hosting. We asked Katie several questions about Carolina Tiger Rescue and the animals during the show.
In Week 5, we looked at ingredients found in peanut butter cookies like flour, peanuts, sugar, salt, and egg(shell)s! Check out the recipes linked below.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Anatomy of a Wheat Kernel
- A Closer Look at What You Eat, SEM of Food Image Gallery
- Ice Cream Recipes: Make in a Plastic Bag or Follow Thomas Jefferson’s Recipe
- The Accidental Scientist, Science of Cooking; Egg composition
- American Chemical Society, Food and Cooking Chemistry
- Microstructure of the Hen’s Egg Shell
RTNN’s Take-out Science was highlighted today by Duke’s Pratt School of Engineering. The article describes the roots of the popular program and its plans for the future. RTNN staff members Holly Leddy, Phillip Strader, and Maude Cuchiara provide their thoughts on how the program helps to build the scientific community during the coronavirus pandemic. Read the entire article online here.