Over the past several months, the NCSU Nanofabrication Facility (NNF) has been the recipient of a significant amount of internal investment including new equipment, a staff increase, and major building renovations. In order to bring awareness to this investment — and usher in a “new era” — NNF will hold a Grand Re-opening.
NNF Director of Operations Phil Barletta will introduce some of the changes and improvements that are being initiated in NNF:
- New staff (and re-introduce “old” staff), including undergrad hire(s)
- New equipment
- New safety rules (after-hours access)
- New bi-annual meeting schedule (along with yearly user clean-up)
- New particle count/cleanliness monitoring protocol
- New website
- New social media presence
Assistant Vice Chancellor Jon Horowitz (ORIED) and Dean John Gilligan (COE) will say a few words from a University and College perspective. There will also be 3-4 technical talks, focusing on work that has been performed in the NNF. Both industry and academic users will present. Refreshments will be served throughout the event.
The event is free but please RSVP to Phil Barletta (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, January 5.