In Week 9, we investigated all different sorts of metals. Abby Carbone from the renowned Sciencing with Abby series joined the show as co-host.
In Week 8, our friends at SDNI (San Diego Nanotechnology Infrastructure) guest hosted the show. We took a closer look at a lot of cool things like shark skin, diatoms, and more! Watch the video and see the SEM image library linked below to find more images from under the sea.
- San Diego Nanotechnology Infrastructure
- SDNI Education Page (Note: To access their amazing SEM Image Gallery, visit the Outreach Page here and select “SEM Image Gallery”)
- Salk Institute for Biological Studies
- RAIN (Remotely Accessible Instruments for Nanotechnology)
- Diatom Wikipedia
- Cocolith Wikipedia
- Foram Wikipedia
- Radiolaria Wikipedia
In Week 6, we looked at hair from humans, dogs, and three big cats: Nakobi the cougar, Mama the serval, and Riley the tiger. Big thanks to Carolina Tiger Rescue and Katie Cannon for guest hosting. We asked Katie several questions about Carolina Tiger Rescue and the animals during and after the show. Check out the Q&A with Katie here.
In Week 5, we looked at ingredients found in peanut butter cookies like flour, peanuts, sugar, salt, and egg(shell)s! Check out the recipes linked below.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Anatomy of a Wheat Kernel
- A Closer Look at What You Eat, SEM of Food Image Gallery
- Ice Cream Recipes: Make in a Plastic Bag or Follow Thomas Jefferson’s Recipe
- The Accidental Scientist, Science of Cooking; Egg composition
- American Chemical Society, Food and Cooking Chemistry
- Microstructure of the Hen’s Egg Shell