The RTNN ambassadors program is open to undergraduate and graduate students from NC State University, Duke University, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The purpose of the program is to engage students in the RTNN’s mission to bring nanotechnology tools and expertise to new researchers and the public. These students will represent the RTNN to visitors and program participants, increase awareness of the RTNN, and extend outreach activities. Ambassadors will have the opportunity to meet a variety of facility users and guests, network with other RTNN ambassadors, and actively participate in the planning and implementation of RTNN programming and events.
- Submit a statement of interest (1 page) and a resume (including GPA) to email@example.com
- Applications are due at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. Applications received outside these dates will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- giving facility tours to industry, government, and academic visitors and K-12 students
- hosting student groups in the facilities (tours, instrument demos, activities)
- participating in RTNN university-wide events (NanoDays, Science Under the Stars, UNC Open House)
- traveling to local schools for events and activities (e.g. STEM nights, demo with portable SEM)
- running remote access sessions for equipment use
- supporting RTNN events (e.g. taking photos at workshops, staffing registration table at conferences)
RTNN ambassadors will be highly encouraged to develop and implement new events and hands-on activities and reach out to new schools, organizations, businesses, etc. to expand the RTNN’s reach and capabilities. RTNN will provide support to implement new activities and/or travel to share these ideas at conferences. Proposals for new activities will be reviewed by the RTNN Executive Committee. For more information, please contact Maude Cuchiara (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To facilitate new ideas and discuss upcoming opportunities, RTNN ambassadors will meet regularly with institution RTNN staff. A mandatory all-hands meeting will be held at the start of each semester.
- Participate in 5 events/10 hours annually
- Attend all-hands meetings
- Follow their respective university’s policy for working with minors (if applicable)