In celebration of National Nanotechnology Day, RTNN is hosting a nano-themed image contest. Submissions will be accepted from individuals or teams. The winning submission will be featured on the RTNN website and receive a $109 prize in honor of the nanometer. To submit an image for consideration, please e-mail your image and the submission form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Image Contest.”
The image contest will close on October 3, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
The winning image will be announced on National Nanotechnology Day, October 9, 2016.
- Images that have won other competitions are ineligible
- Original, submitters must be responsible for both image acquisition and creative manipulation
- Maximum file size of 20 MB
- Minimum image size is 1280 x 960 pixels
- The primary object in the field of view must be 1 to 100 nm in size; scale information must be included in the image
- An individual or team is limited to two submissions
- The image cannot contain false objects
Rules and Regulations
Adapted from EnvisioNANO Image Contest
- The image contest is open to researchers conducting work in the United States and U.S. territories.
- Any entry found to be in violation of any rule will be disqualified.
- Each entrant certifies, through submission to the contest, that the entry is his or her own original creative work.
- RTNN reserves the right to make changes to submitted text in order to make it appropriate for the intended audience.
- RTNN will have the final say on any point not outlined in the entry rules.