The RTNN brings together comprehensive shared user facilities and over 100 complementary faculty research programs at three major research universities.
The RTNN connects you with expert technical staff and faculty to provide:
- Training for users to independently operate equipment
- Fabrication and analytical services
- Consultation, collaboration, and support for process and instrumentation development
- In-person and web-based workshops and interactive demonstrations on state-of-the-art techniques within the network
Visit the facilities and capabilities page to learn more.
RTNN Kickstarter program
In order to further our mission to serve as a hub of cutting-edge nanotechnology innovation and education, the RTNN has established a means to allow members of the nanotechnology and greater scientific communities, who would otherwise not have the financial resources, to use RTNN facilities. Visit our Kickstarter page for more information and an application form. Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis with two priority deadlines per year.
Research, Engagement, and Capabilities Hub of North Carolina (REACH NC)
REACH NC is a web portal that enables users to search, browse, and find thousands of experts and assets within North Carolina higher education and research institutions.
North Carolina Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC)
The SBTDC is the business and technology extension service of The University of North Carolina and is committed to providing knowledge, education, and other supportive resources that enable existing small and mid-sized businesses, emerging entrepreneurs, and local / state leaders to innovate and succeed.
First Flight Venture Center (FFVC)
FFVC is a technology incubator located in the heart of Research Triangle Park. Established in 1991 to serve the initial needs of entrepreneurs and early stage companies, FFVC strives to produce companies that graduate from the facility as financially viable and freestanding businesses. These incubator graduates migrate into the mainstream of the business community, creating jobs and commercializing important new technologies that contribute to a stronger North Carolina economy.
The RTNN has developed strategic partnerships with the following entities in order to enhance outcomes:
- Research Triangle Institute
- North Carolina Office of Science, Technology & Innovation
- Forsyth Technical Community College
- North Carolina Central University
- University of Surrey
- Aix-Marseille University
- North Carolina Community College System
- Durham Technical Community College
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center
- Research Triangle Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC)
- NC Department of Public Instruction
- NC State WolfBytes Radio
- NC State Wolfpack Sports TV