Take-out Science is a program designed to provide you with “take-out” access to our nanotechnology tools and experts. Every week, we stream or post a new show in focused on a different theme. Live shows are streamed on Tuesdays at 12 pm (Eastern). All shows are designed with K-12 audiences in mind and are open to everyone. For a sneak peak, check out this short video from our first week.
Do you have something you want to share? A fun fact, a photograph you took, a picture you drew. Please share with us via email or social media. We’ll feature some during the show.
Questions? During live broadcasts, you can ask questions live via Twitter (@RTNNsocial) or by commenting on the show’s website. You can also email us during (or after) the show (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include Take-out Science in the subject line.
- Week 1 (March 31, 2020): Get to know a housefly (Spanish subtitles available)
- Week 2 (April 7, 2020): Achoo!
- Week 3 (April 14, 2020): Supplies are limited
- Week 4 (April 21, 2020): Say it, don’t spray it
- Week 5 (April 28, 2020): What’s cooking?
- Week 6 (May 5, 2020): Roar! No claws for concern
- Week 7 (May 12, 2020): Here be dragons
- Week 8 (May 19, 2020): Under the Sea (Guest Host: Ryan Nicholl at SDNI)
- Week 9 (May 26, 2020): Hold it together!
- Week 10 (June 2, 2020): The skinny
- Week 11 (June 9, 2020): Over the rainbow (SDNI)
- Week 12 (June 30, 2020): Audience samples
- Week 13 (July 7, 2020): Sunprint Photolithography (nano@stanford)
Want to know more about scanning electron microscopes and other tools? Here are some other resources for you to check out:
- Introduction to Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Introduction to Sputtering
- “MyScope Outreach” page – Thermo Fisher / AMMRF collaboration with answers to basic questions on microscopy
- “MyScope Explore” – a virtual SEM where you can “load” different type of samples
- Hitachi “Inspire STEM Education“ – Teaching tools for teaching SEM operation
- “Nanotechnology, A Maker’s Course” – a Coursera course that introduces and demonstrates various nano-fabrication and -characterization tools