The Sustainable Nanotechnology Organization (SNO) is a non-profit, worldwide professional society comprised of individuals and institutions that are engaged in:
- Research and development of sustainable nanotechnology
- Implications of nanotechnology for Environment, Health, and Safety
- Advances in nanoscience, methods, protocols and metrology
- Education and understanding of sustainable nanotechnology
- Applications of nanotechnology for sustainability
SNO’s purpose is to provide a professional society forum to advance knowledge in all aspects of sustainable nanotechnology, including both applications and implications.
The Nano-Link Center is a consortium of universities with a goal of promoting nanotechnology education by providing comprehensive resources for students and educators. The following can be utilized with this resource:
- Providing nano savvy technicians to industry through 2 year A.A.S. degree programs.
- Mentoring and supporting colleges with nano based survey courses, diploma and certificate programs.
- Providing modularized educational content for grades K-14 with experiment materials – sponsored by the National Science Foundation through the Nano-Link grant.
- Providing Hands-On Educator Workshops – Sponsored by the National Science Foundation through the Nano-Link grant – at no cost.