The CHANL Scientific Art Competition provides users an opportunity to showcase scientific data with artistic appeal. The competition is coordinated by CHANL and UNC-MRS (Materials Research Society) through the Department of Applied Physical Sciences (APSc).
Submissions will be posted both online and in the Chapman Hall lobby. Winners will be announced the week of April 7, 2019 at a lunchtime reception on April 12 at noon. There are multiple opportunities to win cash awards.
- Deadline: April 1, 2019
- Submission type
- Pictures, Photographs – digital photographs/microscopy images (TEM, SEM, AFM…)
- Computer generated graphics (illustrations, models…).
- Max image size: 15 MB max
- Dimensions:1024px x 1024px or greater
- Resolution: 96 dpi or better
- File type: .jpg (recommended), .tiff
- Filename: lastname_firstname.jpg or .tiff
- Colorization to enhance visual impact is allowed
For more information and to submit your image, please visit the Competition Website.