The Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network is seeking applicants for their Summer 2022 Research Experience for Undergraduates program on hybrid perovskites!
Hybrid perovskites are exciting materials that enable state-of-the-art technology for solar cells, lighting, lasers and more. We are seeking undergraduate applicants to experience novel research on this topic during Summer 2022 under the guidance of renowned faculty at UNC-Chapel Hill, NC State University, and Duke University – all working together as the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). Participating faculty span the departments of Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, and Applied Science.
- ~12 students will be supported for 10 weeks – starting late May through mid-August
- Students will experience hands-on contemporary research topics on hybrid organic-inorganic materials including synthesis and processing, modeling and characterization, and device fabrication and testing
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program and be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- Students from diverse disciplines and backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- Selected students will receive a $6,000 stipend in addition to on-campus housing at host institution and relevant travel expenses
- Applications are due February 4 (letters of recommendation due February 18)
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 15
Please see our REU webpage for more information and to apply: